Please note: This product is currently not in stock, we will order it in for you.
A clearly written review of the important research evidence on the effects of the various care practices carried out during pregnancy, childbirth, and the early days after birth. The book concludes with valuable tables that list the practices which are beneficial, those of unknown effectiveness, and those likely to be ineffective or harmful.
|Dimensions||2.9 × 13.8 × 21.7 cm|
A Guide to Effective Care in Pregnancy and Childbirth is a clearly written review of the important research evidence on the effects of the various care practices carried out during pregnancy, childbirth, and the early days after birth. The book concludes with valuable tables that list the practices which are beneficial, those of unknown effectiveness, and those likely to be ineffective or harmful.
‘Excellent. Those who have not seen it should take the time to become familiar with this ‘bible’ of maternity care. This small volume has become the reference text for anyone who is serious about practising obstetrics using the best evidence available… this book is a useful update and refinement of the original work that revolutionized obstetrics textbooks’-Anthony J. Reid, Canadian Family Physician
1. What do we mean by ‘effective care?’;
2. Evaluating care in pregnancy and childbirth;
3. Support for pregnant women; 4. Antenatal education; 5. Lifestyle in pregnancy; 6. Dietary modification in pregnancy
7. Risk scoring; 8. Imaging ultrasound in pregnancy;
9. Screening for congenial anomalies; 10. Screening for pre-eclampsia; 11. Gestational diabetes;
12. Assessment of fetal growth, size, and well-being
13. Unpleasant symptoms in pregnancy;
14. Miscarriage; 15. Hypertension in pregnancy;
16. Fetal compromise; 17. Multiple pregnancy;
18. Rhesus isoimmunization; 19. Infection in pregnancy; 20. Diabetes in pregnancy; 21. Bleeding in the latter half of pregnancy; 22. Suspected fetopelvic disproportion and abnormal lie; 23. Prelabor rupture of the membranes; 24. Preterm labor;
25. Promoting pulmonary maturity; 26. Post-term pregnancy; 27. Fetal death
28. Social and professional support in childbirth;
29. Hospital practices; 30. Care of the fetus during labor; 31. Monitoring the progress of labor; 32. The second stage of labor; 33. The third stage of labor
Problems during childbirth
34. Control of pain in labor; 35. Prolonged labor;
36. Repair of perineal trauma; 37. Preterm birth;
38. Labor and birth after previous cesarean section
Techniques of induction and operative
39. Preparing for induction of labor; 40. Methods of inducing labor; 41. Instrumental vaginal delivery
42. Cesarean section; 43. Prophylactic antibiotics with cesarean section
Care after childbirth
44. Immediate care of the newborn infant;
45. Mother and baby; 46. Breastfeeding; 47. Perineal pain and discomfort; 48. Breast symptoms in women who are not breastfeeding; 49. Loss and grief in the perinatal period
50. Effective care in pregnancy and childbirth: a synopsis
Fill in your details below and we will contact you with details about this product.